Certificate in Health and Care Assistance (Level 3) (Aged Care)
This full-time level 3 certificate highlights the benefits of employment in the Health care industry. It comprises six closely-connected modules which are delivered over 25 teaching weeks, which will gradually increase the student’s knowledge and skills that will be required to demonstrate when seeking employment. The course content aims to the programme of study are to provide students with:
- An education and training pathway to become entry-level healthcare assistants and develop career options in the healthcare sector.
- The skills and knowledge required to contribute to aged care safely and effectively.
- Entry-level skills and applied knowledge required in healthcare operations.
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, regulations and codes in a healthcare setting to provide aged care and related services in an ethical and professional manner.
- Recognise and respond to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a healthcare setting.
- Communicate effectively in a culturally appropriate manner to support an elderly person’s health and wellbeing.
- Provide culturally appropriate person-centred aged care under the direction and delegation of a health professional in a healthcare setting.
- Recognise and respond to signs of functional, behavioural, environmental or other health or wellbeing change in an elderly person, in a healthcare setting.
The programme runs overs 25 weeks in 2 semesters of 12.5 weeks each. You must achieve 70 credits from 6 modules. You must successfully complete all 6 modules to graduate.