Students enrolling on this programme are recommended to hold any one of following qualifications:
- New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Intermediate User) (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Computing (Advanced User) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology Essentials (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5)
- Other Level 4 IT-related qualification or have equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
Alternatively, a student who has equivalent skills for tertiary study gained through study, work and/or life experience may be able to gain entry on approval of the interview panel.
International students must:
- be 18 years of age or older at the start of the programme
- have a secondary or high school certification or recognised equivalent
- achieved an IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band lower than 5, or any other recognised international proficiency outcomes as per Rule 18
Student career pathway:
- Education pathway : Subject to credit recognition at other tertiary education institutions, students could also study for a higher IT-related qualification elsewhere in New Zealand or overseas. This programme also provides a pathway to Level 6 specialist or other higher-level IT qualifications. These may include:
- New Zealand Diploma in IT Infrastructure (Level 6) with strands in Networking, and Systems Administration
- New Zealand Diploma in Information Systems (Level 6) with strands in Business Analysis, User Experience, IT Project Management, Information Systems Innovation, and Data Analysis
- New Zealand Diploma in Software Development (Level 6)
- Further education pathways include higher-level IT-related qualifications as well as industry certifications (e.g. CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, and CompTIA Security+).
- Employment pathway: Graduates of this qualification will have the skills and knowledge to work in roles such.
- Computer technician
- Help desk and technical support officer
- Entry-level network administrator
- Network engineer
- Applications support analyst
Intakes for 2023:
23 January 2023, 06 March 2023, 22 May 2023, 06 August 2023, 23 October 2023
Domestic Tuition Fee- $8,400
International Tuition Fee- $18,400